Cravat and Hanky Self Tie Claret
Claret Self Tie Cravat & Hanky Set
These cravat and hanky sets are an extremely fashionable accessory for your kilt or morning wear outfit.
These cravat and hanky sets are an extremely fashionable accessory for your kilt or morning wear outfit. They are a great way to introduce some extra colour to you kilt ensemble or perfect for emphasising out one of the colours in your tartan. Cravats convey elegance, authority and antiquity—the most-sought after ingredient in a classic dream wedding.
- Perfect with any of our 5 or 6 button waistcoats.
- Another great way to tie (no pun intended!) into wedding specific colour schemes
- Can be worn in the fashionable ‘ruche’ or ‘scrunch’ effect or worn in the more traditional style fixed with a cravat pin. (Can be tied like a regular tie)
- These cravat & hanky sets are available in a large variety of colours.
- Cravats can also be made in tartan or wedding fabric that you can provide yourself.
- Ideally worn with a larger collar shirt (Monaco or Como)
- Made in Scotland
Cravats derived from the French word for Croats, who, during the 17th Century used scarves to hold together their open shirts. However, when the Croatian mercenaries arrived in France, French fashion designers introduced the use of this neck accessory. Between 18th and 19th Centuries, the upper classes in France used this scarf as part of their fashion which became eminent until today. It is not known whether the cravat evolved into bow tie or necktie, or into bow tie that eventually turned into necktie.